Why Clean Your Colon?
Waste material that has remained in the colon for some time poses several problems. This material is quite toxic. These poisons can re-enter and circulate in the bloodstream, making one feel ill, tired or weak. Impacted materials impair the colon’s ability to assimilate minerals and vitamins. A buildup of material on the colon wall can inhibit muscular action causing sluggish bowel movements, slow transit time and constipation.
What is Colon Hydrotherapy?
Colon Hydrotherapy (colonics) is a safe, effective method of cleansing the colon (large intestine) of waste material. Using the Closed System, temperature and pressure regulated water is gradually introduced into the colon and released repeatedly during a session. This process softens and loosens built up fecal matter, which is eventually evacuated from the body. The use of federally regulated, state of the art equipment and an IACT Certified Therapist ensure the clients comfort, safety and dignity.
- Colon hydrotherapy is a safe, effective method for removing waste from the large intestine without the use of drugs.
- It is an internal “bath” that helps cleanse the colon of poisons, gas, toxins and more, as well as years of accumulated even impacted fecal matter.
- A gentle and steady flow of temperature controlled filtered H2O goes in and out of the colon. This process allows for the waste to be naturally softened and loosened resulting in evacuation through natural peristalsis.
- The process is repeated several times during a typical session
- Colon hydrotherapy is far more thorough than an enema as it can reach the entire five to six foot length of the colon rather than just affecting the recto-sigmoid area (first six inches).
- Generally, there is no pain or discomfort. (if so, it’s usually just a little gas that needs to “release”!)
What can I expect after my session?
You will most likely feel great! You may feel lighter, more clearheaded and relaxed. There is often improved skin tone. An over all feeling of wellbeing is reported by most clients after their session. There may be subsequent bowel movements for the next few hours. Also, bowel movement may take a couple of days to get back to normal. It is best to allow yourself time to rest after your first colonic. There have been instances of clients reporting an emotional release during or after the session. It is important to let these emotions flow, as this is also part of the cleansing and healing process.
Beneficial Foods and Beverages Before and After Colonic
- Fruits (preferably organic)
- Herbal teas
- Fish and free range poultry
- Green leafy vegetables
- Nuts and seeds
- Sweet potatoes
- Seasonal vegetables
- Whole grains (brown rice, buckwheat, quinoa and millet)
Foods and Beverages to Avoid Before and After a Colonic
- Coffee and tea with caffeine
- Carbonated drinks
- White four products
- Fatty and fried foods
- Processed foods
- Gas producing foods such as beans, cabbage, broccoli and onions.
Contraindications for Colon Hydrotherapy:
- Uncontrolled Hypertension
- Cirrhosis of the Liver
- History of Aneurysm/Blood Clots
- Severe Anemia
- GI hemorrhage/ Perforation
- Bleeding/ Inflamed Hemorrhoids
- Renal Insufficiency
- Active Diverticulitis, Colitis, IBS- extreme abdominal pain and bleeding/fever
- Congestive Heart Failure
- Carcinoma of the Colon
- Abdominal Hernia
- Recent Abdominal Surgery